Earlier examples of common publications where young investigators provided the ‘bridge-function’ between ENCN institutes are shown in Table 1. Moreover in all institutes (with the exception of Coimbra) an MD-PhD programme is being offered, which exemplifies the translation ambitions of our organizations. Finally, substantial patient cohorts have been collected, for instance on Alzheimer’s disease, in Amsterdam, Bordeaux, Zürich and Göttingen.
Examples of common publications between primary tutoring labs of the ENC Network
- Theodosis DT, Koksma JJ, cs, Oliet SH, Brussaard AB. Oxytocin and estrogen promote rapid formation of functional GABA synapses in the adult supraoptic nucleus. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2006 Apr;31(4):785-94
- Voets T, Toonen RF, Brian EC, de Wit H, Moser T, Rettig J, Südhof TC, Neher E, Verhage M. Munc18-1 promotes large dense-core vesicle docking. Neuron (2001) 31(4):581-91
- Koksma JJ, Fritschy JM, Mack V, Van Kesteren RE, Brussaard AB. Differential GABAA receptor clustering determines GABA synapse plasticity in rat oxytocin neurons around parturition and the onset of lactation. Mol Cell Neurosci. (2005) 28(1):128-40
- Adriani W, Spijker S, cs, Smit AB, Piazza PV. Evidence for enhanced neurobehavioral vulnerability to nicotine during periadolescence in rats. J Neurosci. 2003 Jun 1;23(11):4712-6
- Rebola N, Lujan R, Cunha RA, Mulle C. Adenosine A2A receptors are essential for long-term potentiation of NMDA-EPSCs at hippocampal mossy fiber synapses. Neuron. 2008 Jan 10;57(1):121-34
- Coimbra “Rebola N, Sachidhanandam S, Perrais D, Cunha RA, Mulle C. Short-term plasticity of kainate receptor-mediated EPSCs induced by NMDA receptors at hippocampal mossy fiber synapses. J Neurosci. (2007) 27:3987-93.